Inland has always worked to support local fishermen, and we're proud of the reputaion we've built over the years. Whether we're bringing in fresh wild shrimp from North Carolina, grouper from the Gulf, or regionally rasied clams and oysters, you can be sure you're getting the best from regional fishermen, farmers, and other producers.
There are many reasons to buy as close to home as possible. Here are some of our favorites:
- Buying local stimulates the local economy and creates more jobs in your community
- Local food doesn't have as far to travel to market which reduces its carbon footprint
- Less food waste thanks to a shorter distribution chain
- A great way to grow your customer base - diners and shoppers love to support local - whether they are long-time regulars or visiting tourists
- Sourcing locally creates more vibrant communities by bringing people together around food
Our selection of local seafood changes often - check in with your Inland Seafood rep for our current offerings.