Did you know that there are 5 species of wild salmon harvested commercially in Alaska? If you’re looking for a fun and easy way you (and your staff) can remember them all, we love this little game:
- First up: Chum! It rhymes with thumb. Chum are called keta salmon – and they are one of our favorites. Delicious, versatile, and always a great value.
- Since you could “sock someone’s eye” out with your pointer finger that one is sockeye, also known as red salmon.
- Your largest finger is the king! It stands for king salmon, also known as chinook.
- Your ring finger reminds you of a shiny silver ring for the silver salmon, often called coho.
- Pinkie = pink salmon. That one’s easy! Pink salmon are also called humpies.
Throughout the coming summer months we’ll have most of these species available at different times – why not order them all?